1 (edited by JakobJ 2021-01-21 10:12:01)

Topic: UFX+ Installing-Issues on Windows 10

Hi Friendly Forum Members,

I just bought a new Laptop (Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2) with Windows 10 and a lot of Power for the ultimate mobile Mixing process! big_smile

I installed my beloved UFX+ with the newest driver package, restarted and all but it does not recognize ist as an Sound-Device. It's listed in the Device Manager as "Fireface 23769029 - connected with USB 3.0" but TotalMix does not start and I can't choose it as Audio Device. It's listed in the "Audio- Video- and Gamecontroller" list, though.

Funny thing - when I first connected it, it was installed per USB 2.0 and when I installed the driver, it worked for one time. But when I reconnected/restarted it's connected automatically per USB 3.0 and then it's not choosable as Audio Device...

Of Course I tried to deinstall and reinstall everything, but negative...

can you help me please?

Thanks
Jakob

2 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-01-21 14:50:29)

Re: UFX+ Installing-Issues on Windows 10

Hello!!

Quote from the manual:

The factory setting for the Interface Mode, Auto, makes sure that any
connected computer connection is recognized automatically. Thunderbolt, USB 3, USB 2 and Class Compliant will usually work without any
further user interaction. In case of problems the current interface mode
can be set manually to a fixed one. This is done under SETUP/REV,
Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Interface Mode.

So, if you 're connecting to a USB 3 Port, you can set it manually to USB 3. The same, you can do for USB 2 Port.(with usb 2 you limit track count to 64)

I don't know if this will help you, but it's good to check this, first!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Re: UFX+ Installing-Issues on Windows 10

Hey People,

I solved my problem - I forgot to define the Audio Outputs for Windows, so the Interface was installed and recognized but there was no Output to route to... so now it's working fine!

But still I got some problems with connecting to USB 3 port, but this is for another Topic smile

greetings
J