Topic: Daisy Chain 2 units WIN7

I am trying to daisy chain 2 RME FIREFACE 800 units together in WINDOWS 7. I am using the latest version of Sonar Platinum Producer.
My problem is that the settings tab for the units is not showing an option for making one unit the slave and one the master as shown in the tutorial video. When I click settings for the fireface units, I get this-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h5z9UT … sp=sharing

These units have been synced together on another pc at one point but that may have been using WIN10.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get these properly synced?

NOTE- I do have them plugged up as shown in the RME tutorial video, but my settings window does NOT look like theirs. I can see both units in Sonar and I got signals for both units coming into 12 tracks in Sonar but something doesn't seem right.

Neither unit has the "Host" light on the front lit

Re: Daisy Chain 2 units WIN7

In your photo the clock setting is Word-clock !
The Master and Slave thing is the clock setting.
The unit that is set to "clock from word" is then a slave and the master is the Word-clock generator, the other device where you connected a BNC-cable to those sockets that are always in the way and everytime I have a device in my hands with those word sockets I would like to take the flex and cutoff.
You must go into this settings window and choose "internal" instead of "word".
In the other device you choose external adat or just adat.
Therefor both units have to be connected with an optical adat cable with toslink plugs.
It should work with only one cable from the unit with clock internal adat out to the adat In of the other unit.
I am not sure if those FF800 really need that cable adat connection, may be they can see each other via the driver software ?
I don't know, but I am sure it will work with this adat cable connection.
The clock setting is where you manage master and slave.
I would choose the unit where your monitor speakers are connected as the master with the clock source internal.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue