Topic: HDSP 9652 + ADI-8 DS popping and crackling issues

Hi, i have an ADI-8 DS connected to a HDSP 9652 running perfectly in Windows 7. I bought a new pc with windows 10 a few days ago, I installed the drivers properly but I have popping and crackling noises when I play something. I checked everywhere, I use this pc for mixing and mastering only, everything is set like the other pc. It's extremely annoying and i can't work like this, I thing there is an issue with the drivers and windows 10, i tried downloading old drivers too but i couldn't solve the problem. Can someone help please.

Thank you

Gonzalo

Re: HDSP 9652 + ADI-8 DS popping and crackling issues

Check the revision number on the PCB of the HDSP9652. If that is a very old card it needs a hardware mod to run on newer PCI motherboards.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=9283

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, i'll check that tomorrow.

Hi, is rev. 1.6 so I guess the problem is with the drivers.

There is no known driver issue that would cause this. Please check the sync settings again. Which device is master?

Alternatively, it cold be an issue with the mainboard's (non-native) PCI. Try disabling ASIO channels in your DAW software, if possible, this will reduce bandwidth.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by vinark 2021-01-27 15:41:32)

I have a HDSP9652 on latest win10 (in in the past older version) which works fine with my ADI8AE (The anniversary version of the DS, with lesse input AD), Also all adat in and outs are in use.
For people to help you they need lots of info about your new PC, since it probably is not win 10 but an issue with the PC. For now try different PCI slots, and how did you get a new PC with PCI slots anyway?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I upgraded my "recording" pc with intel 10th generation and bring the old one to replace the mixing/mastering one.

Intel i7 4790k
Gigabyte ga-z97x gaming 3
4x8gb ddr3 hyperx fury 1333mhz

I connected everything exactly the same way it was with the other pc. Ill try disabling the asio channels. This motherboard only has one pci slot. Let me know if you need more info. Thank you very much

Could be power saving options in the bios. Try disabling all power saving options in bios like all c states, core parking etc. Maybe even turbo boost. Also check if there are any settings in the bios for the PCI slot.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I turned off all cpu power consumption options in bios and cpu throttling and nothing. Everything sounds good but has a crackling noise delay.

Where does this occur exactly? Can you record it somehow? What are the exact sync settings?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME