Topic: Using on both Mac and PC - concerns on switching back and forth?

I work on both Mac and PC at my desk and would like to be able to switch relatively easily between the two with my Babyface Pro FS.

For example, I’d like to use it for mic input and mixing audio on a stream, but then switch over and use it to record guitar on my Mac into logic. Please note: I do not want to do this simultaneously. Just want to go from one to the other with as little rigmarole as possible.

I have a USB switch that works really well for mouse, keyboard, and my keyboard/MIDI controllers and am wondering if anyone used anything like this. I am afraid that if I try it, I will screw something up internally or the RME and brick it.

Any thoughts? Cheers in advance.

Re: Using on both Mac and PC - concerns on switching back and forth?

Hi
You can only have one computer hooked up to the BF at any given time. The switch will therefore involve unhooking your BF from one computer and hooking it up to the other.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Re: Using on both Mac and PC - concerns on switching back and forth?

We are using cheap USB selectors here with a UFX+ (and a Firewire switcher for another Fireface 800), never had an issue. In using a passive selector there should be no difference to hot plugging the unit by hand.
The Babyface can be powered via USB though, so in case you have it directly connected to speakers a short power cut might cause the speaker to pop. If you wanna avoid this and be extra careful, you could power it from the external ac adapter so the USB is only used for the data/audio streams.