1 (edited by tommytastic 2021-01-29 00:07:18)

Topic: Babyface jumpy volume problem

Good evening.

I have suddenly this evening started having a weird issue with the main output volume on my Babyface pro. It's minimum volume is louder than usual and acting erratically - especially when controller by the mac system volume.

For a while now, I've been using the babyface on it's own and it's been fine.

Today I reconnected it back to my Raydat (via adat) as I used to do so it becomes a frontend monitoring device. That way I have more ADAT connections to use to connect my Creamware A16 convertor and my ES3/6 from my modular.

I made the Raydat the sync master so everything was clocked from that.

For some reason, after doing so, the volume on the babyface seemed rather loud even when the volume dial was very low. And when I adjusted the volume it cracked and cut off suddenly.

I also noticed that when adjusting the volume in system volume on my mac, it was jumping around rather than moving with my mouse.

I've now disconnected the Raydat and just using the Babyface again and it's still doing it.

When Im not playing music, I can move the volume normally, but once music is playing, adjusting the volume causes glitching and dropouts. It's almost like it's losing sync.

It seems to play the music ok - its just seems to be something to do with the volume. I dont think it's the physical dial since it's happening when I move it on the computer but who knows.

The Fireface USB settings are back to internal clock and I tried resetting total mix completely (which annoying makes everything full volume and scared me!)

I've tried shutting down computer and removing power to the BB but it still behaving like this.

Also - the headphone output volume seems totally fine - it's only a problem on the main outs.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks, Tom

ps - I've now updated to the latest drivers, firmware and totalmix and it's still doing it.