1 (edited by alvarosound 2021-02-01 19:16:16)

Topic: Another Sub-mains-phones integration question

Hello, first post here. I'm still deciding to buy the RME ADI-2 Pro fs for my studio, and I have been reading all your posts about sub integration, everything fine till there. The question is, I don't like sound (noise) of the crossover integrated in my SVS subwoofer, so I would prefer to use the interface as a crossover. Everything easy till here.

The thing is I don't understand completely the part of the manual that explains Phones (14.1.4) mutes so I have some questions:
-Is it possible to have a different eq when I connect my phones to the PH 1-2 outputs?

-Mute v. TRS1/2 implies that if I set it on it will mute the main outputs when detect PH 1-2 is used? also XLR outputs or just TRS?

-And easy one, It's possible to link Ph 3-4 and Main 1-2 volume right?

Here I made a crappy scheme with the components I have (I use a Hypex amp with XLR inputs to feed the B&W), so It's easier to understand I hope.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/psENnQK5r4a7EnVi8

2 (edited by KaiS 2021-02-01 19:59:08)

Re: Another Sub-mains-phones integration question

The simple answer to all you questions: YES smile

What’s not possible: automatic mute of PH 3/4 (your sub) when you plug headphones to PH 1/2.

KaiS wrote:

The simple answer to all you questions: YES smile

What’s not possible: automatic mute of PH 3/4 (your sub) when you plug headphones to PH 1/2.

Thanks a lot KaiS, that would be not so bad...my headphones will not put 80hz anyway and if I'm working during the night probably it's off anyway.

Alva,

Did you speak to SVS regarding your "Noise" problem? 

Long Time (10+yrs) SVS owner here, and your satisfaction is their Mission.  No product discrepancy is ever ignored. 

Just Saying!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes