1 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-02-17 21:06:17)

Topic: Happy camper

Just wanted to show my appreciation for these great products.

I originally got the BF snow white edition about 4 years ago, traded it for a RayDat (!!) bought a BF silver edition (non-pro) cause I lovd it so much. I then wanted some I/O for the raydat but got hustled by this hipster from Berlin - he stole my 165euro never sent the ff400 he claimed to be selling. Scammed others for studio monitors he never sent etc. Nobody was willing to help track him down and take care of him, unfortunately.

Anyway, the other day I was lucky enough to potentially get a free deal on the adi-2: some pro sound guy from my country got it for free from another pro I guess, and put it up for grabs (for free!) on fb marketplace, so fingers crossed it's not another hoax, and I'll finally have 4 dedicated RME I/O ad/da channels (using the bf I/O via adat also)

Long story short just wanted to say I'm super pleased with working with these devices daily. After more than two decades of frustration with other brands of sound cards, I finally can start producing pro music without worrying (too much) about drivers, latency, buffer size, clock/sync etc.

Another thing I realized is I have been a fool for two years straight, running my diy built desktop pc on the internal graphics card (Intel 630 on the i7 8700K) - boy was that a mistake ! Now after finally getting a dGPU, I can work more or less freely (within plugin limits obviously) without clicks crackles blue screens and head aches. That iGPU is on par with a 2015 MacBook Pro, but for doing low latency audio in Ableton, it was too much - really helped the whole system out when I put in that dedicated graphics card - it's just an RX 480 8Gb but does the job great, even running a 4K and 3 1080p monitors.

THANK YOU RME FOR YOUR AWESOME PRODUCTS AND RIGHT ATTITUDE WHEN IT COMES TO OPEN SOURCE, PROFESSIONALISM, CLASS COMPLIANCY, PRISTINE SOUND QUALITY AND BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY !