Topic: UFX ADAT1 ADAT 2 and AES Inputs question

Hi everyone,

I currently have a UA4710D connected to the ADAT 1 input on the UFX and can see all inputs in Total Mix.

I have an older system with a MOTU 896 interface that I use for some legacy software. The unit has both ADAT and AES in and out.

I was wondering if i could connect the 896 to the UFX via ADAT for an additional 8 inputs in Total Mix. If this is not possible would it be possible to connect the 896 to the UFX via the AES connection for 2 channel inputs.

Essentially i want to be able to monitor the outputs of the legacy software through the 896 into the UFX (preferably 8 outputs through ADAT) and control the monitoring chain for both systems using Total Mix. This will eliminate my need to buy a summing mixer for the two systems or a monitor controller with more than one pair of inputs.

I did try to connect the 896 ADAT out into the UFX ADAT 2 In but the 8 adat outputs of the 896 did not show up in Total Mix so i'm assuming either i've made an error in some setting somewhere or the 896 just is not syncing up to the UFX.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: UFX ADAT1 ADAT 2 and AES Inputs question

Totalmix shows you always all input and output channels of the interface. The number of channels do not change by connecting a device via adat.
Do you mean the signals do not show up as you want ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue