Topic: Adding external effect

Hi currentlyyI am using a babyface pro, getting the sound from the interface to the speakers using spdif which frees up in and out 1 & 2
So intheory I should be able to route any signal on out 1 or 2 grab it with my fx unit and get it back into the computer by just chosing the analogue input. I tried several hours but is seems that even when using spdif in and out 1 & 2 seem to be getting signal by this (I can see the meters moving) also I was not able to send the output of a channel straight to the physical hardware output even after chosing it. The same goes for the input. Totalmix does not get any signal out and so obviously cant get any signal in. I managed to so so once but then had a flanging effect due to ableton playing the direct signal as well as the sound of the daw (which shouldnt be on the analogue ins/outs anyway). When using spdif the option as 1/2 which stands for the digital channels is not available within live and not chooseable when opening the i/o config panel. Help greatly appreciated..
Also I do not want to use external effect plugin as this introduces delay qhich due to direct monitoring should not be the case when solely focussing on totalmix. I know that it works I just dint get what I did wrong.

Re: Adding external effect

You can use the headphone output to feed the effect device, and from the effect unit to the analog IN of the Babyface, then you have the effect signal in Totalmix where you can can mix it to the Monitors.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue