1 (edited by lbro 2021-02-27 11:15:41)

Topic: Window Percentage Sizing Control - Feature Request

I know of the TM Window Resize feature and this does not pertain to that. What I would like to see are changes to the "WINDOW/percentage" sizing that now offers:
100%
135%
200%
270%

I and likely a lot of folks run a Windows screen res of 1920 X 1080. I find the 100% sizing not using the full vertical height of my monitor and is small for my old eyes. If I go up to 135%, the TM window size is too big in the vertical direction.

Could you folks add a setting at about 125% or thereabouts that is the right vertical height for a screen res of 1920 X 1080 in size?

Not sure it is doable, but a variable or custom window sizing option would be ideal and possibly cover every users needs, if possible to code that way.

Thanks so much,
LB

Re: Window Percentage Sizing Control - Feature Request

Did you try out the full screen option ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Did you try out the full screen option ?

HI & thanks for the reply!
I looked everywhere for what you mention and could not find it. Can you point me to it?

But if it does not allow resizing the window and it's contents, it would not be very useful. I have a lot of screen real estate and simply need to increase the vertical height of TM.. In doing that I would have about 2/3rds of the horizontal screen left over for other items/tasks...

LB

If the window is too large at the desired setting, you can always switch the view to 2-Row-Mode...
There's no standard "full screen" option as such.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The menu WINDOW, the 5th point from top "Enter Full Screen"
i call it option, maybe menu-point is a better word ?
What is the official name of it ?
Anyway may be it helps ?

You're on a Mac, this does not exist on the PC..

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I had no idea that this menu point is mac only, sorry.
A very common shortcut is the F11 key. It can take your window into and out of full-screen mode quickly and easily.
In windows.

waedi wrote:

I had no idea that this menu point is mac only, sorry.
A very common shortcut is the F11 key. It can take your window into and out of full-screen mode quickly and easily.
In windows.

No Problem - But I was scratching my head on this one. Thanks for trying to help!

LB

RME Support wrote:

If the window is too large at the desired setting, you can always switch the view to 2-Row-Mode...
There's no standard "full screen" option as such.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have seen the 2 Row Mode - but can't seem to find it now. If memory serves it removes the hardware inputs and shows just the SOFTWARE PLAYBACK and HARDWARE OUTPUTS?

I need to see all 3 rows at full height, occupying the full vertical height of the screen. Per OP, another menu option of WINDOW 125% would come very close to providing this I think at my stated screen res. Thus the Feature Request. Is that possible to look at for a future update to TM?

Thanks so much!
LB

You find it in the TM FX window on the right side in the blue area: under "Show" click to button "2 Row".

> If memory serves it removes the hardware inputs and shows just the SOFTWARE PLAYBACK and HARDWARE OUTPUTS?

No, nothing is missing .. it's simply a 2 row organization in this way to save vertical space.
+----------------------------------------------------+
| HW Inputs         | SW Playback Channels  |
|-----------------------------------------------------|
| HW Outputs       | Control Room               |
+----------------------------------------------------+

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

11 (edited by lbro 2021-03-04 12:38:06)

Hi Ramses,
I have to admit that is a whole new view on things! Pun intended. Thank you for the info and help! I had seen this 2 row view prior, but at WINDOW 100%... It did not do much for me at 100% Window size. But when I up the view to WINDOW 135% it gets more interesting. Still not exactly ideal but does give some options I was not using. I run a FF 802 and a Babyface Pro. The 2 Row is not as useful with the FF 802 as it is with the Babyface.

This makes me now think these old eyes that are not seeing as well as in the past. Might be better served with new monitors that can go higher res. For instance, the blue area in TM, in the "SHOW' area, under "View Options" is kind of washed out to me. This is not an RME issue, but one on my end.

I would still like to see what the OP asked for, but this indeed helps.

Thanks so much for opening up my eyes! :-)
LB