Topic: ADI-2 FS - ANA Mode?

Hi guys!

I am a new owner of ADI-2 FS (not the pro, without the screen). It’s connected to my RME Digiface USB obviously via the adat in and out (two cables). I am monitoring through the ADI XLR outs to my nearfield monitors so it’s my DA and I am using the ADI XLR ins to record lets say vocals and acoustic guitars with my DAV preamp so it’s my AD. Everything seems fine, it works and it sounds great.

Now, I am trying to figure it out everything about the converter and its possibilities. And here comes my question, what is the exact purpose of the ANA mode? I've red the manual, it's loop-through etc...but still don't get it. What does it do exactly, any examples would be helpful to understand how it works and why is it there.

Many thanks!

Re: ADI-2 FS - ANA Mode?

Use the unit as analog headphone amp, line level converter (attenuate/amplify), balanced to unbalanced and vice versa converter, ADC with analog monitoring....as mentioned in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So, the AD remains active. Does that mean in ANA mode I can use the converter in mastering scenario this way? Monitoring through the headphone jack, feeding outboard gear from XLR outs and back to the ins to record processed track in the DAW?

Please have a look at the block diagram in the manual. Then you will see that 'feeding outboard gear' will have the same signal as your phones...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME