Topic: Remote controlling Aux Sends / Returns

Before anyone will say "You can do this much easier in Cubase" I want to tell you that I really want to do this in TMFX (MadiFX)

The challenge:
- I've got 31 MADI inputs connected to all kinds of synths
- I've also got an SSL sigma and Nucleus2 (which is connected to 16 MADI outputs and sums in the analogue domain)
- MADI out 11/12 have an OTO BIM and BAM connected in line
- So any synth being sent to output/submix 11/12 will get the BIM/BAM processing added.

This works fine, but is really cumbersome as you need to flip between the output/submix where the synth is on (i.e. 1) and the reverb bus (11 or 12) in order to set send levels and signal reduction on the dry channel.

The dry (input) channels are already mapped to faders, but I would like to use another remote (or page on the Nucleus) to get 14 buttons which control the ch11 ch12 submix.

Long strory short: What is the smarters, most TACTILE way to use submixes as AUX sends and rebalance between dry / wett.

For the MadiFX each channel already has a nice send for the onboard DSP, would for example be great if these would be user output assignable? ANY suggestions are welcome.

www.analoguemastering.com

Re: Remote controlling Aux Sends / Returns

you make the effect unit full wet.
One of the hardware outputs is connected to the effect unit input and the output of the effect unit is connected to a input of the interface.
You have both signals available inside Totalmix, feel free to use it for recording or monitormix or whatever you like.
(What the hell is BimBam processing ? all RME products must get redesigned for having BimBam onboard ! )

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

You can also use different snapshots to provide different submixes.
You can also save more than 8 Snapshots by using Quick Worksplace Select Workplaces (with 8 Snapshots each)
and then change with ALT-1, ALT-2, ALT-3 .. between the different Quick Workspace Select Workplaces with the Snapshots.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Good inspiration, keep it coming smile
https://www.otomachines.com/

www.analoguemastering.com

Ohh Ok I didn't see these Oto things before, they look nice.
But Totalmix FX consists already BIM-BAM as delay and reverb effects, with a send fader aswell !

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue