Topic: OSC Syntax

I am back revisiting some controllers of TotalMix now that I have some AVB units and need some assistance with forming the correct message syntax.

The communication is all working as I am able to mute input channels, control monitor dim's etc, but I am wishing to be able to control level and mutes on Playback and Output channels as well as MuteGroups. For exampleUsing /muteGroups/4/1 1 doesn't manage to do anything. The XLS doc of the OSC schema seems clear enough, but I think there maybe a page missing as there is no information on the banking (ie that I need to prepend a /1 for the first bank of 48)

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers, Tony.

Re: OSC Syntax

tdc wrote:

For exampleUsing /muteGroups/4/1 1 doesn't manage to do anything.

I think you have to put the page number first from the excel document.. try   /3/muteGroups/4/1

ebulb wrote:

I think you have to put the page number first from the excel document.. try   /3/muteGroups/4/1

Perfect, thanks ebulb. Works as described.

Is there anyway to address playback and output channels through OSC like we can input channels?

yes there are OSC addresses that change between input, playback and output to control each row of Totalmix.. have a look at the excel file, i think its called busOuput... if you have a tablet a good option is get an OSC app that has a Totalmix layout already made and then you can look at the file to understand all the syntax.. a good app for this is OSCAR..

https://osc-commander.com/

Thanks bulb,

I grabbed a Lemur template and connected it to MaxMSP and now have a much better understanding of the syntax - thanks for the suggestion.

From what I can see, each volume command needs to be preceded by a /1/bus*** command to direct the volume command to the input / playback or output channel rows.