Topic: Mutiple USB Remotes?

Hi everyone,

I'm using the current USB Remote Control with an UFX II, and since I have two separate desks I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a second USB remote for the second desk. I assume the answer is yes (if connecting both remotes via USB), but I'd need a confirmation before ordering. Apologies if this has been answered, but I checked the forum and the manual and didn't find an answer.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Mutiple USB Remotes?

Only one ARC USB per computer. There is only one configuration dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, that's a pity. A second remote could just mirror the first one, so imo there's no need for individual configurations. I think most users, who would like to use more than one remote, would want them to behave exactly the same way.

You could certainly add an OSC or MIDI based controller on the second desk.

I have many RME devices but haven’t bought an ARC yet - the control rooms are controlled with StreamDecks and a combination of OSC and Keyboard Maestro macros. Recently I have discovered the wonderful open source utility called Companion that adds many layers of control to the streamdeck platform. Worth a look, maybe not for needs now but is great to have up your sleeve.

5 (edited by hselters 2021-03-16 22:53:59)

I agree, it would be really useful if two ARC USB's would work (with the same mapping at least).

It works very nicely here on two desks with the old ARC plugged directly to the UCX while the new one is plugged to my Mac via USB.
But that's only for older interfaces like Fireface 802, UCX and UFX. And not easy to get hold of an old ARC, I am still looking for the "Advanced" version with more buttons as I am still using the "Basic" (so please let me know if anyone has a spare one smile.

@tdc
Let me know more about your companion setup,
I used it for controlling my liveprofessor and want control some of my Digiface functions.
Best