1 (edited by skavenelectric 2021-04-10 18:49:15)

Topic: analog channels not visible with 9632

please help! just purchased an older used 9632 with the standard breakout cable, and installed in a windows 10 machine. hoping this is something simple that im overlooking in software here.... but i cannot get any analog channels besides one stereo pair (analog 1+2) to show up.

so currently visible to totalmix and windows i have analog (1+2), spdif, and then ADAT (1+2), (3+4), (5+6), (7+8).

at some point during installation, i had analog (3+4) and (5+6) show up in windows settings and in totalmix, but now are nowhere to be found. to put it simply, i do not care about spdif or adat, i just want use of the analog lines reflected on the breakout cable. stereo in, stereo out, and headphones for monitoring. youd think that these would show up as analog 1+2, 3+4, and 5+6, but no. ive reinstalled the latest drivers several times now. is this how its supposed to be, or what am i doing wrong here? any ideas greatly appreciated.

Re: analog channels not visible with 9632

Page 47 user manual says the analog line out channels are 11/12.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

okay but nothing is visible or assignable, besides my analog (1+2) inputs. any ideas where to find the analog line out channels?

Only in Totalmix.

im saying as far as analog ins or outs, nothing is visible in totalmix or otherwise, aside from my analog 1+2 inputs. there are no analog outputs listed in totalmix, under any channel. do i need to enable or assign the outputs in the software somewhere?

A screenshot of your Totalmix would be helpful.
The bottom row of channels are the hardware outputs, digital and analog, there  they must be.

7 (edited by skavenelectric 2021-04-10 21:30:18)

https://ibb.co/L8czwQ7

https://i.ibb.co/zrBhc8v/Screenshot-5.png

heres my totalmix currently.

There is this button right side botom, Assign.
Can we have a look inside waht is assigned so far.
What is assigned to the main ?
You can assign the headphone PH as well, afterwards the headphone channel will appear next to the main.

9 (edited by skavenelectric 2021-04-10 21:45:06)

https://i.ibb.co/bgTdPgn/Screenshot-6.png

the main out was assigned to analog 1/2, when i make it "none" AN 1/2 show up as available outputs, and the main channel strip goes away. phones, etc, are currently assigned to "none".

10 (edited by waedi 2021-04-10 21:48:40)

Yep that is exactly normal.
When assigning the analog outputs as main, they disappear as analog outputs and appear instead as main.
Make routing of music to main and you can listen.

Can you click on phones1 in the assign menu to see if there is PH to choose ?
The PH output channel should be somewhere...

the channel options for all the phones and outputs are the same as you see in the picture. only analog 1/2 is an option, everywhere.

Is there still something missing ?
Have you additional expansions cards installed ?

something missing? its just the card and the breakout cable, is it not? no additional expansion cards.

Then you have the analog inputs and the analog outputs available now and all is fine, I hope.

no, not at all. again, i do not have any other analog outputs, or ins, aside from AN 1/2. that is the entire issue. shouldnt i have more than just analog 1/2 in general? obviously i cant have the input and the output be the same channel, right?

Well, your card has 1 stereo analog out and 1 stereo analog in.
The headphone output is the same signal as analog out, without any expansions cards, this is all you have.
Has your breakout cable more connectors ?

17 (edited by skavenelectric 2021-04-10 22:49:50)

its just the rca breakout cable with the midi. so rca "line in" left and right, "line out" left and right, so four cables there, and then the TRS headphone jack and the two midi. are you saying that that the 4 rca connecters + the trs jack all count as AN 1+2?

Yes.
May be one pair red and white RCA is SPDIF digital.

no, it isnt. this is the analog breakout cable.

If you need more analog connections the adat connection is for this to connect a adat converter device.
ADi-8-DS mkIII from RME
or the cheap ADA 8200 from Behringer.

so why the seperate stereo pairs labeled "line in" and "line out" if they are both AN 1/2?

22 (edited by waedi 2021-04-10 23:36:31)

AN1/2 is used for ANalog in and ANalog out.
The connectors need to be labled to know where to plug.
Line in is for recording signals, Line out is for playing music.
In Totalmix you can rename the input AN1/2 with your own name, keyboard, CD-player etc.

skavenelectric wrote:

please help! just purchased an older used 9632 with the standard breakout cable, and installed in a windows 10 machine. hoping this is something simple that im overlooking in software here.... but i cannot get any analog channels besides one stereo pair (analog 1+2) to show up.

Then it seems time to study the main features of the card:

https://www.rme-audio.de/hdsp-9632.html

as well as reading the manual:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/hdsp9632_e.pdf

@Waedi: And another thread with 22 posts that should have stopped right after the first post. Please refrain from replying to topics where you have no clue of. All you do then is confuse people and send the thread on big detours. This is starting to wreck the readability of this forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

waedi wrote:

Page 47 user manual says the analog line out channels are 11/12.

Outdated info in the manual, based on the old HDSP mixer (2007). Screenshot shows analog channels as 1/2....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME