Topic: Unwanted fadergroups using midi

Hi,

I just purchased a fireface 802 coming from a motu 828mk3. I was baffled by the fact that I cannot use osx volume keys on my mac keyboard so started to look for a different solution. I have a korg nanokontrol2 that I could use for this. I selected this as midi controller and without further configuration I am able to control main volume/phonres/etc, just like i want to. But as soon as I touch the faders on the nanokontrol, fadergroups are created in totalmix, rusulting in multiple channels changing in volume when I just move 1 fader. How can I fix this?

Re: Unwanted fadergroups using midi

I don't know that control. Can it be changed to use Mackie protocol?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

According to the manual, korg nanokontrol2 supports mackie protocol, and I also tried booting the nanokontrol2 into mackie mode. It behaves the same. Could it be something in totalmix that I can configure not to make fadergroups when receiving midi?

4 (edited by roulian 2021-05-09 20:13:19)

In 2021, it's still not possible to control the Master Volume of the RME UCX from a computer keyboard.
I don't understand why RME doesn't implement this crucial feature. I have the ARC remote, and to be honest I'm not impressed.
I do all my audio production inside a computer, and the lack of keyboard shortcuts to control the volume, is just not possible. And it seems the UCX is not the only RME device that lacks this feature. Will I buy again RME again? Probably not. Just because of the lack of this bl@@dy feature.

RME UCX:  ★☆☆☆☆

5 (edited by waedi 2021-05-09 22:35:13)

How about assigning a keyboard key to a midicontrol function within your DAW and send this to Totalmix ?
I never did that myself, sorry, but the main out in Totalmix is controllable via midi volumen control.
It should be possible to configure your computer keyboard as a midicontroller.
But allow me the question, why do you think the keyboard is better for controlling the volumen as the ARC ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue