Topic: MADIFace connected to Focusrite RedNet 6

Here is how I plan to use MADIFace.

Computer <USB cable> MADIFace <Optical cable> Focusrite Rednet 6.

In this setup is Rednet 6 is clocked using external master clock, will MADIFace become slave to this clock automatically or I will have to run a coax from my external clock to MADIFace coax?

Re: MADIFace connected to Focusrite RedNet 6

When in the Madiface settings the clock-mode is set to internal then the focusrite will receive clock from the Madiface and can sync to it. i don't know if it does this automatically, may be you have to set it to clock source madi.
Then you don't need any extra clock.
Of course you can feed all devices with a external clock for syncing but no need to do it.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by hifimckinney 2021-04-17 22:07:35)

Thanks, Waedi. In my current system, RedNet 6 is already clocked by an external dCS Rossini clock. My question is if in the this setup, if I introduce MADIFace by connecting it to RedNet 6 using only optical cable, will MADIFace become slave automatically so that it too can use my dCS clock?

You should open the settings dialog window and check the clock-mode setting.
If it is set to "internal" then it will stay there and is set as master.
You can select madi for clock source or wordclock.
Page 12 user manual is helpful.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by hardyroede 2021-04-17 22:34:33)

As soon as you have set the clock to „Madi Optical“ in the Madiface settings dialogue, the Focusrite interface will pass on the clock via the Madi optical cable to Madiface, no separate Coax needed.

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg