Topic: Fireface 400 - Firewire connector not syncing

Hi!

During this chip shortage, im not able to buy what i really want.. the Babyface Pro FS.

So i got my hands on a second-hand FF400. I have noticed that one Firewire port isnt behaving properly.
Its connected to my old MBP2012 with a Firewire800 - Firewire400 cable so its bus powered. Even tried with external power.

The unit lights up and it doesnt sync and the applications Fireface Settings and Totalmix doesnt startup.
Tried the other port the one closer to the Midi I/O and it works just great!

So question is if the Firewire port on the unit is faulty and how much will it cost to repair it?

Sorry if this question has been answered, im new to the forum and still a very newbie fellow.

Thanks!

Re: Fireface 400 - Firewire connector not syncing

In this case I would contact the official RME Support of your country, the user forum has not yet a repair shop afaik.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by cyrano 2021-05-03 14:51:45)

Re: Fireface 400 - Firewire connector not syncing

Repair by RME is a board swap. That gives you everything new. Connectors, PCB, encoder...

Only, I don't know if they still service the FF400, as it's been a few years since I sent in one of ours. Back then, it was around 600 €, IIRC.

BTW. I have a FF400 that behaves just like yours. Haven't sent it in yet, as I needed a Digiface USB first.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...