Topic: Netflix Windows app not working with 48 kHz exclusive mode enabled

Hello,
I recently got a HDSPe RayDAT card, and migration of the DAW and all other music related software went without a hitch. However, I ran into an odd problem with the Netflix Windows app, as this is also my daily machine.

If I have the interface set to 48 kHz / 24 bit (which is my working sample rate), with "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" checked on the Speakers WDM device, Netflix fails to play any audio. It will play bursts of noise when jumping to a location in the video, and stops all other audio streams on the system when starting up.

If I change the rate to 44.1 kHz or 96 kHz, or if I block exclusive control at 48 kHz, Netflix will play normally. Notably the app has no audio settings apart from choice of 2.0 or 5.1 soundtrack, which has no effect on the issue.

What could be wrong here? I would assume Netflix content to be in 48 kHz, so maybe it is trying to play a bit-perfect stream when the system is set to that rate, and fails at it. I have tested WASAPI playback at both 44.1 and 48 kHz with Foobar2000 and had no issues there. Also Netflix via browser works fine at any system sample rate.

Appreciate any insight!

Re: Netflix Windows app not working with 48 kHz exclusive mode enabled

Netflix use compression in many different ways for streaming depending on bandwidth.
they say up to 640 kbps at 5.1 surround but they don't tell about Bit or kHz sampling rate.
You have to give the control to Netflix and be happy when it works.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Netflix Windows app not working with 48 kHz exclusive mode enabled

waedi wrote:

You have to give the control to Netflix and be happy when it works.

That is exactly the issue. I have to block Netflix from control by disabling WASAPI exclusive mode for it to work. I am wondering if it is a Netflix issue or an RME issue.