1 (edited by rpnfan 2021-05-22 09:28:56)

Topic: Feature request - tool tips (hover over "anything")

As a new TM user it would be great to have help "built in" via tool tips which could become visible when one hovers over any item for a specific time (1 second or whatever could work) -- should be able to turned off for the experienced user.

Re: Feature request - tool tips (hover over "anything")

After almost a year I'd like to hear if this feature was considered? I, like many others, do not find TotalMix user friendly enough. Sure it's mostly logical and when you have learnt "everything" it's usage is fine or even "easy". But it is hard to get started. Not everybody has experience with traditional mixing consoles (which is somehow assumed in the manual). Tooltips would very much help to get a new user going.

For example I needed a way for finer volume adjustment. There is no option for that in the settings. After now rereeading the complete manual for a second time I found that there is a keyboard shortcut (Shift + Fadermove). Those are informations which could be shown in a tooltip to help beginners faster and with less effort to use TotalMix.

Re: Feature request - tool tips (hover over "anything")

rpnfan wrote:

there is a keyboard shortcut (Shift + Fadermove).

A variant of this might be to hold Shift down while hovering over the selected fader and using my mouse wheel. I'll try this next time I'm in Totalmix.

Thanks for bringing this up smile

-Steve