Topic: Is Higher Than 24ch Possible In CC Mode With MFP?

Is it possible for a higher channel count than 24 channels in CC mode with the MADIFace Pro? If I use,  for example, 4 XTCs for around 32+ channels connected to my MADIFace, can I get 32+ accessible channels?  The CC mode for the Behringer X32 gives me 32in/32out and so was curious to see if the same was at least possible with the MADIFace Pro in CC mode.

Re: Is Higher Than 24ch Possible In CC Mode With MFP?

CC-mode gives access to the analog inputs and outputs and to the digital I/Os where Madi is 64 channel I/O.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

CC mode on the MF Pro is limited to 24 channels record and 24 channels playback. As clearly mentioned in the manual, chapter 30.2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by hardyroede 2021-06-02 15:47:54)

dsreyes1014 wrote:

Is it possible for a higher channel count than 24 channels in CC mode with the MADIFace Pro? If I use,  for example, 4 XTCs for around 32+ channels connected to my MADIFace, can I get 32+ accessible channels?.

Depends what you have in mind with "accessible". You can record & playback max 24 tracks to/from the iPad, but in TotalMix you have access to all 64 MADI channels + the 4 analog channels - for mixes, monitoring, FX, routing any channel to/from MADI i/o and so forth. On newer iPads with USB C port you also can utilize the ARC USB as you would on Mac or PC via any USB-C hub.

So: TotalMix-wise you get exactly the same functionality as you get on Mac or PC, you can even exchange .tmws workspaces between TotalMix on iPad and Mac (probably also PC, this I didn't try). Only Rec/Playback to/from a DAW are limited by the capabilities of iPad / iOS.

Edit: I assumed you use the Madiface Pro on an iPad, but you didn't mention that. Sorry - if you run the interface in CC mode on another device without TotalMix FX, please ignore this post. ,)

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg

hardyroede wrote:
dsreyes1014 wrote:

Is it possible for a higher channel count than 24 channels in CC mode with the MADIFace Pro? If I use,  for example, 4 XTCs for around 32+ channels connected to my MADIFace, can I get 32+ accessible channels?.

Depends what you have in mind with "accessible". You can record & playback max 24 tracks to/from the iPad, but in TotalMix you have access to all 64 MADI channels + the 4 analog channels - for mixes, monitoring, FX, routing any channel to/from MADI i/o and so forth. On newer iPads with USB C port you also can utilize the ARC USB as you would on Mac or PC via any USB-C hub.

So: TotalMix-wise you get exactly the same functionality as you get on Mac or PC, you can even exchange .tmws workspaces between TotalMix on iPad and Mac (probably also PC, this I didn't try). Only Rec/Playback to/from a DAW are limited by the capabilities of iPad / iOS.

Edit: I assumed you use the Madiface Pro on an iPad, but you didn't mention that. Sorry - if you run the interface in CC mode on another device without TotalMix FX, please ignore this post. ,)

Thanks for the kind reply.  I'm specifically asking for CC mode on something like a PC, not iPad.

MC wrote:

CC mode on the MF Pro is limited to 24 channels record and 24 channels playback. As clearly mentioned in the manual, chapter 30.2.

Why is this limited to 24 channels if it can be extended to 64 channels via madi?   I'm not using this on an iPad.

But that is what we implemented it for. And the iPad has limits. Sorry, but there will be no enxtension of channel numbers in CC mode for this interface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME