Topic: ADAT PORT no longer sending audio and causes other ports to stop worki

I use a HDSP 9652 as the means to send and receive audio into my WIN10 PC from a RADAR V which acts as my converters.

Yesterday I had an internal drive in my PC fail and was replaced by a local computer store (they have worked on it before and I believe them to be reputable).

Upon receiving the computer back and reconnecting everything I was getting NO AUDIO out of my RME ADAT OUT ports - then I played with it for a while and started to disconnect things. Once I unplug the ADAT 1 out - the other channels (2 and 3) worked!

I have tried various different cables and configurations and feel as though I have isolated the issue to that specific port. I can have cables to connected to ADAT 1 in and no issues - but if I plug anything into ADAT 1 out - all audio disappears.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

There's a possibility that my power supply in the PC isn't behaving properly and I hope to try and replace that ASAP to see if that solves my issues but in the meantime, I'm looking for other solutions as well in case this is a known problem and I just need to replace my RME card and it's failed somehow.

I use this rig full time as my job and has been in use for many years now so it's possible that it's worn out I guess - just surprising that I'm having all these issues at one time (failed drive, failed port, faulty PS) so I'm trying to hone in on the actual problem.

Help?

Re: ADAT PORT no longer sending audio and causes other ports to stop worki

Make sure the port is not set to SPDIF format...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Where can you change the setting for that port?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5bx6v8hqc3v6 … P.jpg?dl=0

i tested further and I can record to the INPUT of ADAT PORT 1 - just can't connect cables to the OUTPUT of the same port or it defeats all the other ports.

one other thing:

In the control panel displays under "syncCheck" , ADAT 1, 2, 3 IN and WordClock are constantly switching between LOCK and SYNC

and I am experiencing some dropouts while recording with the computer...  what does this point to?

5 (edited by waedi 2021-06-21 20:17:31)

On your photo the SPDIF out is set to Adat, that is what should not be, so click something else there, maybe "Professional" and the SPDIF in to internal,
the Sync-Lock issue points to sync problem with the converter.
The Radar must be set to clock adat optical or word.
How do you connect this unit ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you! I switched to PROFESSIONAL and it's working now!

I connect to the Radar via optical cables but I have word clock connected as well. Which is preferable?

7 (edited by waedi 2021-06-21 23:30:34)

If you got it working and all dropout issues are gone, let it be as is.
I prefer adat because I never used word clock.  There is no preferable or better solution. Have it in sync and enjoy it.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue