1 (edited by fieldstu 2021-06-25 19:02:18)

Topic: Mac Big Sur: driver not loaded after reboot part 2

Dear RME,

Since part 1 thread is closed I post a new one.

What was working:
Mac Big Sur 11.4 + Digiface USB on fw17 and driver 3.24.
The digiface and Totalmix ran perfectly fine. Mixer was loaded after boot and no hiccups whatsoever. Fireface USB Settings recognizes the soundcard.

Today I found driver 3.25 on RME website, which I installed. This is the ONLY change done to the system.
Result:
Mac Big Sur 11.4 + Digiface USB on fw17 and driver 3.25.
After reboot Totalmix is NOT loaded. Upon manual launch Totalmix does NOT show a mixer window.
Fireface USB Settings still recognizes the soundcard with correct fw and driver versions.
I tried powercycling all system parts, no result.
I tried restoring driver 3.24. The driver downgrade succesful, but Totalmix still does not launch.

Workaround:
The only way to get to launch Totalmix and to get the soundcard to work is Again doing the driver upgrade, NOT rebooting by leaving the update window open, by which Totalmix starts to appear during this installation whereafter you can record if you want to. If you would reboot then Totalmix then does Not launch again but you can repeat the workaround cycle.

Any suggestion?

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Re: Mac Big Sur: driver not loaded after reboot part 2

Resolved by:
Open Mac security options > unlock the padlock on left bottom > Run 3.25 upgrade .pkg. Select " Allow "  in the security options Reboot.
if it does not work, repeat above. For me in a 3rd or so attempt Totalmix started showing up again.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC