Topic: I found another potential conflict where TM and Presonus Studio One

In a earlier post I noticed that the Pipeline Xt plug-in no longer accept an audio signal, which is acceptable due to the routing capabilities of TM.  I just need to ignore Pipeline as a resource.  I also need to bounce my midi tracks before mastering, a task which Studio handled internally.  Just a tad inconvenient.
However, I am trying to work around another discrepancy which centers around TM inability to process midi channels.   There are instances where I need to record simultaneous midi and audio channels.  A common situation would be to route the midi output from a plug-in to the midi input of a second plug-in.
This can be achieved in just about any DAW even on the  IPad  platform
However, TM seems to disable this process in Studio One.   When I attempt to route one midi instrument vst to a second and record audio in the second vst, the monitor icon is grayed out.   I am thinking that the loopback function may provide a solution, but I am uncertain how Studio One  might display the loopback channel.
Any insight would be appreciated.

2 (edited by waedi 2021-06-27 03:26:01)

Re: I found another potential conflict where TM and Presonus Studio One

That "VST" where the monitor icon is greyed out, what is this exactly ? A softsynth or a midi effect plugin ?
Such Midi effect plugins have no monitor because no audio is involved.
The problems you have are beginner related, you are probably young and have no background with hardware mixing console.
You are messing up midi and audio and the understanding of VST is not yet on a level you desire.
Studio One is a very good DAW, some say the best, it is for beginners and advanced and it needs time and work.
There should be a Studio One menu VST-connections where you assign all inputs and outputs of the audio interface to the DAW.
Familiarize yourself with this connection system it will help you. And look out for Youtube videos studio One tutorials for beginners.
The loopback channel makes the the audio of that hardware output available as input in the DAW, same way as every audio shows up in a track.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Your reply is not helpful.  I really need a reply from someone with experience with Studio One.  This is the third time you have answered my questions with utter nonsense.  Please do not respond to my future posts,  Thank you.

Slory99 wrote:

In a earlier post I noticed that the Pipeline Xt plug-in no longer accept an audio signal, which is acceptable due to the routing capabilities of TM.  I just need to ignore Pipeline as a resource.  I also need to bounce my midi tracks before mastering, a task which Studio handled internally.  Just a tad inconvenient.
However, I am trying to work around another discrepancy which centers around TM inability to process midi channels.   There are instances where I need to record simultaneous midi and audio channels.  A common situation would be to route the midi output from a plug-in to the midi input of a second plug-in.
This can be achieved in just about any DAW even on the  IPad  platform
However, TM seems to disable this process in Studio One.   When I attempt to route one midi instrument vst to a second and record audio in the second vst, the monitor icon is grayed out.   I am thinking that the loopback function may provide a solution, but I am uncertain how Studio One  might display the loopback channel.
Any insight would be appreciated.

I’m running studio one pro (latest version) on win 10 with RME madifx

What you’re reporting has never happened to me.

This is user error

Try this:  send your midi track to a new buss.  Insert pipeline on that buss and see if that fixes problem.  Also, open totalmix and enable daw mode before you do this and see if that fixes the issue… if not, leave in daw mode and proceed with instruction