Topic: Fireface UFX+ power flickering on/off

I'm a bit upset and frustrated.
I've had my UFX+ for only a 1 year & a half and this happens right in the middle of a project.
Naturally I searched the web for answers and have seen a few complaints about the power supplies.

I'm here in the states and its been holiday so, I haven't been able to contact RME for warranty questions and info.
I'm making this post as a point of reference for anyone dealing with this same issue and I intend on following up with the results.

In addition, I was curious if anyone else has had this issue? solutions? Thought?

To re-iterate the subject...

I turn the unit on. Works normally for about 1-2mins, then the power flickers on/off as if the unit is switching on and off at rapid rate. Once it happens I instantly turn it off. I've cycled this process about 3 times now and have given up in fear of damage.
I've tested the power cable and USB cable and both are fine.

The unit has been housed in a rack with air space in between and no heat load on either top/bottom. Conditioned studio environment and never damaged in any way.

The unit has been well taken care of (as it should, paying almost $3K).
Really upset & hoping there is resolve without having to pay out the wazoo.
After paying as much as we do for units like this... I wouldn't expect this to happen so soon, but I suppose anything is possible. IDK.
Come through RME. Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Re: Fireface UFX+ power flickering on/off

This could be the power supply, and since you're within the warranty period, please contact the retailer or Synthax US for service options.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Fireface UFX+ power flickering on/off

I really appreciate the swift response.
I'll be contacting them both once they're back to work from holiday.

Thank you!