Topic: It it possible having 2 HDSP 9652 without losing SPDIF?

Currently I have an HDSP 9652 with two expansion boards (AEB 8-I and 8-O).

I'm contemplating hooking up an additional HDSP 9652 or 9632 in the same system.

Reading the manual:

"SPDIF
• Connection to an internal CD-ROM drive with digital audio output. Allows for a direct transfer
of digital audio data within the computer.
• Connection to SYNC OUT of another card. This internal SPDIF connection can be used to
synchronize multiple cards with sample accuracy, and without the need for an external
connection. The card of which SYNC OUT is used will be master, the SYNC IN one will be
slave. SPDIF In / Internal has to be selected in the Settings dialog. Additionally Pref. Sync
Ref has to be set to SPDIF In for this internal connection to work properly. Please note that
the external SPDIF or AES input can no longer be used.
"

It looks like internal SPDIF is the only way to connect two cards and so I'll lose the SPDIF external out on one card. Is there another option that won't lose me an SPDIF out?

Re: It it possible having 2 HDSP 9652 without losing SPDIF?

Use word clock.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: It it possible having 2 HDSP 9652 without losing SPDIF?

Thank you. Exactly what I needed to know.

My HDSP 9652 has a word clock BNC in/out on a bracket. The HDSP 9632 I'd have to buy the addition I think. Unless there's a way to do word clock internally?