Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS R BE multichannel analog output question

Hi very much a newb question.

I'm running an active hifi system then needs two stereo channels (ie four channels of input into my amps).
If I send four channels of digital into an ADI-2 Pro FS R BE can it output four channels of analog?

The manual states: "The ADI-2 Pro is a 2-channel analog input to digital and 4-channel digital to analog output "

It's not clear (to me anyway) from the manual whether the 4 outputs labelled as Main outputs 1/2 (2xTRS and 2X XLR) are independent

thanks in advance!

2 (edited by rawac 2021-07-18 18:04:51)

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS R BE multichannel analog output question

Please look at the diagram >ADI-2 Pro USB Mode 6/8 channels< in the manual. In version 3.3 it's page 40. The connections between outputs XLR, TR and PH is fix to the upper DAC, channel 1/2. Only PH 3/4 is connected with the lower DAC, channel 3/4. If you need 4 analog outputs you have to use PH 3/4 for channel 3 and 4. As you see in the other diagrams, these connections do not depend on the mode.

Ralf
(ADI-2 Pro FS with ThinkPad Yoga L13, Dynaudio Focus 600 XD or Focal Clear — and a lot of Jazz)

Thanks for the reply.
That's a bit of a messy solution unfortunately sad

Does there exist an RME device that has similar functionality - analog and digital inputs and four or more channels of analog-out with remote control and loudness and parametric EQ?

4 (edited by KaiS 2021-07-19 06:55:47)

SSZ wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
That's a bit of a messy solution unfortunately sad

Does there exist an RME device that has similar functionality - analog and digital inputs and four or more channels of analog-out with remote control and loudness and parametric EQ?

Not exactly, no remote and Loudness function anywhere.
Even no such powerfull headphones outputs.

You can use an angled plug in PH 3/4, running the cable down, below ADI-2 Pro.
Then it doesn‘t look messy.

In my studio I had to do this with rack mount devices that unfortunately have their connection on the front panel.