Topic: UFX+ Thunderbolt is not recognized in Device Manager

Hey RME-Team and friends,

my UFX+ ran happily on my last PC for 3.5 years. Sadly i had to replace that one due to hardware problems.
My new PC runs a GIGABYTE x2992x Designare with TB3 (old board also had TB3, so cable and adapter are working).

At first it was recognized, but after a hardware failure i had to replace the board (identical), reinstalled windows, but nothing works. TB driver for board/win and UFX+ are running. The Interface gets recognized in Thunderbolt Control Center, but it does not show up in Device Manager, only thing that happened when switching it on and off is a "Upstream Switchport for PCI-Express" appearing/disappearing.

It also shows up on both TB ports in the TB control center.
Totalmix and RME TB are not shown.

So the hardware did run on this setup, and somehow does, but i can´t make windows see the interface as UFX+.

Latest Win update installed.

Any ideas? Deinstalled and Reinstalled the driver, but to no avail.

Thank you very much,
drymzack

Re: UFX+ Thunderbolt is not recognized in Device Manager

Fireface-Firmware is updated to the latest version.

What driver? Is the unit set to the corresponding interface mode? Settings dialog and TM FX icons are there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The TB116 driver from the RME page, latest one.

Have tried it in Thunderbolt- and Auto-Mode.

Nothing helped.
The symbols of RME TB and Totalmix were there, but didn´t do anything.

Am now running the Interface in USB3 mode for now (works), as i have urgent projects to finish.
Would like to switch to Thunderbolt nonetheless if possible without reinstalling Windows again.

After 1.5 years i reinstalled Windows (11) to solve this problem and it is exactly the same. Driver TB117 this time.

Driver seems to have compatibility issues, but said it works. Interface is shown in Win TB Control Center, but all i get in the device manager is an "Upstream-Switchport for PCI Express" with a yellow exclamation mark.

Moved back into my main studio, the Computer is in another room and needs a 10 meter cable connection, USB3 does not seem to work (heard it´s limited to 3 meters?), LED just goes dark after 10 seconds.

Thunderbolt does not work as well and now i´m stuck.

After updating the BIOS of the board (Gigabyte Designare x299x) suddenly it worked again.

Case closed, finally.