1 (edited by east-power1130 2021-07-23 16:27:29)

Topic: Power-on order of 12mic ??

I have been using the 12mic for business trip recording for a year now.

The sound quality is perfect and the locked battery operation is convenient.

However, there are times when the 12mic is unstable at first, perhaps because of the power-on order.

Most of the time, both the meter on the main unit and the meter on the web remote are responding, but the signal input/output is actually taking place.
In reality, no signal input or output is taking place.

Most of the time, I turn on the 12mic first, and then use the receiving mixer (YAMAHA 01V96i MADI card).
This happens when I turn on the 12mic.

Even if I turn on the 12mic's front power switch to fix it, it doesn't go away.

In most cases, you have to turn off the rear power switch of the 12mic and then turn on the front power switch to fix it.
It's no use crying over spilt milk

Both the meter on the main unit and the meter on the remote are responding, but there is no actual signal input or output.
It's no use crying over spilt milk.

Is there any way to stabilize the operation with firmware, etc. in the future?

Re: Power-on order of 12mic ??

When you say "meter are responding", are you referring to meters of analog inputs, analog outputs, digital inputs or digital outputs?

During normal operation, if you peek through the ventilation slots on the left side of the unit, you can see two green LEDs.
If the unit is in the state mentioned (no signal I/O), are the green LEDs on or off?

Re: Power-on order of 12mic ??

web remote, the LCD on the unit, and the LED on the unit.
meters were responding, but no actual audio (headphone BAL output or MADI audio) was being output.

I had to drop the front switch.
The rear power switch must also be turned off to get it back on.

I was in the middle of a live recording job, and I had the unit rack-mounted.
I'm in the middle of a live recording session, so I'm not in a situation where I can take the rack-mounted unit out.
I'm not in a position to take out the rack-mounted unit, but if I encounter the same problem again, I'll pull out the rack-mounted unit when I have time.
I'll pull out the rack-mounted unit and look through the vent.