Topic: "One button" recording & playback with Babyface Pro FS ?

Hi all,
I hope you don't mind a beginner asking simplistic questions about his very specific setting:

I would like to record my practice sessions on my grand piano. Just to have feedback to improve my playing, not with the intention to produce any polished recordings.
I've tried external microphones on iOS  and field recorders. Unfortunately, all these recordings were useless because I can't concentrate on how I played when I hate the quality of the sound in general.....

So, I would like to establish a good setup with two decent microphones. I've treated myself to a BF Pro FS and am testing various microphones I've been borrowing from friends. Work in progress, but I'm getting pretty close to good sound quality by now.

Now, the issue is convenience of handling. I would like to avoid having to fire up computer, TM FX, and a DAW every time when I just want to play the piano. I'd rather have a simple "one button" record and replay tool. Push a button to record, push another button to replay to active monitors or headphones on the BF outputs.

Q1: once I've found the right TM FX settings, will the BF remember this so that I can use it without opening the MacOS interface?
Q2: Any suggestions for a digital recording device that I can then hook up to the Babyface for one-button record and play? Ideally with a remote control?

So far, my best idea is to hook up the BF to my iPad Pro and use a recording app like Ferrite (which I quite like). But maybe someone on the forum knows a better type of gear for my purpose.
Thanks in advance!