1 (edited by sealpoint.lemur 2021-08-04 21:59:55)

Topic: TotalMixFS icon missing after Babyface Pro FS driver install

I am using a Babyface Pro FS on a Dell XPS 13 9310 notebook running Windows 10 Home version 20H2 (OS build 19042.1110).
Everything was working perfectly and then I uninstalled all the Focusrite drivers and software on my machine since I don't need them anymore. I'm not sure if this caused the issue--I can't remember if it stopped working immediately after I did this, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's important.

Anyway, clicking the TotalMixFX icon in the system tray no longer brought up TotalMix FX, so I used Windows Add/Remove Programs to remove the RME driver, then I re-installed the latest driver (driver_usb_win_1212).

Now, when I connect the Babyface Pro FS into my computer, I see the device panel light up, and I can see the meters move when I connect a microphone, but I now longer see the TotalMixFS icon in the Windows system tray. Also, when I click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right of my desktop, I don't see any RME audio output options. I have added and removed the driver several times. I tried installing the driver as administrator, but it didn't make a difference. When I look in "Windows Settings Apps and features," the only RME item I see is "Windows Driver Package - RME Fireface USB (05/04/2021 1.2.12.0). Is this correct?

Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!
Jonathan

Re: TotalMixFS icon missing after Babyface Pro FS driver install

Set the BF to PC mode. It is now in CC mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by sealpoint.lemur 2021-08-05 18:35:47)

MC wrote:

Set the BF to PC mode. It is now in CC mode.

Thanks for the reply!
I tried reconnecting the USB cable while holding down the SELECT and DIM buttons several times, and it didn't make a difference.
But having read the manual several times, I'm still not sure how to tell the mode by looking at the front of the panel.

What does "show CC" in the following sentence mean?

In case the level meters of the Babyface Pro show CC during power-on: the unit is in Class
Compliance mode and will not work under Windows.

Subsequently, I have rebuilt my computer, including reinstalling the OS, and now after installing the drivers and attaching the device, I don't see anything in "Add and Remove Programs" with RME or BabyFace in the name.

Any ideas? Is it possible to purchase technical support from RME?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hi, I found the problem! The USB cable wasn't delivering enough power to the unit. When I added an external power supply, everything started working again.