Topic: RME UCX - Pro Tools - 5.1

Hi everyone,

I am using the RME UCX and I was wondering if there's any way to use it with Pro Tools in a 5.1 session and making sure that every channel is directed to it's respective output channel, L,C,R,Ls,Rs,LFE.

Thank you!

Re: RME UCX - Pro Tools - 5.1

Easily possible.
DAW sends audio to SW playbacks (TM FX middle row).
Check that you are in TM FX submix mode (right side blue area).
Select an HW output (TM FX bottom row) and turn-up the fader of the corresponding channel in SW playbacks (TM FX middle row).
This you do for each of the 6 HW outputs.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi Ramses,

Thank you for your detailed answer!

If I would set TM operational Mode to Digital Audio Workstation Mode would that mean that I am skipping TM mix and routing directly to each individual channel of the 5.1?

4 (edited by ramses 2021-08-09 13:52:40)

yes at the expense that you have lost all flexibility of TM FX to create individual monitor / phones submixes, that can even include audio from the HW inputs with near-zero latency.
Then all of your routing will have the full RTL through USB/TB.
There is an alternative, the reset mixer menue in TM FX contains an entry that does the same routing as DAW mode has.
By this you have the same routing as DAW mode with one keystroke and then additionally have some more flexibility in cases where needed.
1. Options -> Reset Mix -> Full Reset
2. Options -> Reset Mix -> Straight Playback

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you Ramses, great help!