Topic: Ground Loop Noise

Hey there. I've been using my RME FF400 for years and it's been perfect. I have just upgraded my iMac and found it has no Firewire port so bought TB3>TB2>FW adapters. Now when I plug in I get nothing but a terrible buzzing sound through headphones or analog outs. I get no signal at all from my DAW which is configured to output to the FF400. The FF400 will not operate on Bus power which it did before, I'm guessing not enough power through TB3?

I have moved the power supply for the FF400 to 3 different outlets, none of them any better.

Any help is much appreciated

Re: Ground Loop Noise

I have just tried it on my old mac and it works flawlessly with bus power but on mains power, it's just a loud buzz. There isn't any audio coming through on playback. It seems that the original power supply has just failed on me as well sad I have another one here that is 1000 mA, Centre positive and 9V so I might try that)

Re: Ground Loop Noise

Problem solved. The power supply that was provided when I bought the unit second-hand, was only 9V. I've just plugged in a 12V 1.5A power supply and it's working flawlessly! Winning today smile