Topic: UCX II with ARC USB standalone

I think about buying UCX II but do not want to be surprised so I would like to ask about some functionality. I have read all manuals, looked on the net, videos and so on but one thing is not clear to me.

I would like to use it as a playback device from TV (Toslink 48kHz), BR player (stereo SPDIF) or PC (USB different sample rates) to Neumann monitors SPDIF out FL/FR and via Toslink to ADI2 DAC (SL/SR)
Lets say I will define some snapshots for each purpose, some fader groups, 3 mute groups, map used functions for ARC USB keys.
Then I will store the settings to device.

I want to use UCX II as standalone for watching TV without starting PC. ARC USB connected directly to UCX. I will need only switching snapshots, muting, and output volume change for channels in fader group.

Will everything work according my settings like connected to working PC or are there any exceptions?

If ARCUSB will be connected directly will it work also with PC like if it would  when connected to PC USB port?

What about sample rate? I can set clock source and SR in Windows driver.
But how it will work in standalone mode when watching TV (toslink in 48kHz) ?
Can this setting be stored somehow together with snapshot or is it possible to set it without PC?
If I will set it with PC, then shutdown, will UCX remember this? Will it remember SR after switch off/on in standalone?

I understand it is special case but home use is usually different than studio and I am trying to fit both somehow.

ADI-2 DAC, Digiface USB, Fireface UCXII, ARC USB, Neumann MA1 aligned monitors

Re: UCX II with ARC USB standalone

You can set samplerate and clock source from the device. I havnt tried but I think you can store it as setup at the device, and further you can store 6 setups. These can also be stored from PC to device. See p.50 in manual.

UCXII will remember last setting. So if U have set clock source, for example spdif optical in. U can just turn PC off. Next time u start UCXII and cd player your good to go.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

There are no fader groups in stand-alone mode. And the ARC USB has limited functionality in stand-alone mode, see chapter 8 of ARC USB manual (applies to UCX II as well). All the rest would work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC, now it is clear to me, setup does not mean snapshot, TM groups are not stored to UCX setup. This is important info. Maybe would be good to publish in manuals info what is really exactly stored from TM if you click on Store to Setup 1-6. It is not in manual. I have checked. It is a bit uncertain territory. It may be somewhere as a result of some other info, but it's hard for a beginner to put it together.

But routing from toslink in to coax spdif out should be stored including fader levels and if I assign main output to this spdif it will work for TV, right? For everything else I use PC.
You know I am trying to find the reason to buy UCX II and justify cost just because I like it and ARC :-)

ADI-2 DAC, Digiface USB, Fireface UCXII, ARC USB, Neumann MA1 aligned monitors

Sure, that would work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME