Topic: Output settings for connecting to camera mic

I just got a UXCII and am going over the process of learning the interface and TotalMix FX. (first "big boy" interface for me)
Currently I am trying to figure out the best way to send audio to a camera with a mic in. At first I tried setting up outputs 1 to connect to the camera via a TRS to TRS 3.5 going into the camera.

If I use the headphone hardware out I get decent results.
If I use hardware out 1 the results are poor. Low level and only higher frequencies.

I do not currently have a connector to use phones out of the camera (and this will help with setup) I will source one this week for better setup, but:
I am wondering does the physical headphone out differ from outputs 1-6? Can I adjust in TM to make up for this?

Or possibly is there a better path to take for this need?

Thanks!

Re: Output settings for connecting to camera mic

Unclear setup. The TRS out of channel 1 is a balanced connection of ONE channel. Is that Mic input stereo? Then it won't work and you need a different cable.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, stereo. I think that just made me realize the issue.
input to camera is 2.5mm TRS

Guessing I should be using an adapter to use Channel 1 & 2
https://hosatech.com/products/analog-au … s/ypp-308/
I have a 1/4" to 2.5mm cable to use if this is the correct adapter to use going into the RME.

Thank you for the quick response.

You need a TS + TS to TRS. Stereo to separated L and R, all unbalanced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, I have that connection. Thank you for clearing this up.
I'll have a go at setting up 1&2 out going into the camera.

As mentioned above I am guessing it would be a good idea to use the headphone out on the camera itself to verify and setup the said output? Or is there a way to route them to the RME headphone out for setup?

Again, Thank you for the information. Lots to learn but the interface and TMFX is making the process a bit less daunting.