Topic: Hammerfall DSP Multiface linking via Adat to second Multiface

I have a Hammerfall Multiface connected via PCI, and want to link my second unit via ADAT. I've read this is possible in previous posts with a standalone power supply for the second unit instead of a second pci card (I only have one available port on the pc for one card), but totalmix has been a nightmare and I have no idea how to make these units "talk" to each other.

If anyone can give me some details, screenshots, video on how to do this it would be much appreciated.

2 (edited by waedi 2021-09-11 03:49:36)

Re: Hammerfall DSP Multiface linking via Adat to second Multiface

They will not talk to each other.
It is possible to add one to the other as an adat converter to give additional 8 inputs and 8 outputs.

Have one connected to the computer and to the external power supply and do the routing in Totalmix.
All Line-inputs to the adat outputs and all adat-inputs to the Line-outputs. Doubleclick those faders to lift them up to the zero position (fully open). Then in the settings dialog have the clock-mode on internal.
This routing keeps active in the Multiface as long it is powered from the external power supply.
You can disconnect it from the Firewire cable and connect it with the toslink cables to the other Multiface witch should be connected now to the computer and select clock-mode adat optical.
You will be able now to send or receive signals from both boxes in the Totalmix. The adat channels are now sending and receiving from the other box.
Follow this exact and carefully, it will work.
Reupload the same question will not help and video support is likely unrealistic as no one else has a running computer with two working Multiface I guess.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes, I have 2 Multiface I, and a Digiface I connected on my new computer (with Windows 10). It works ! One card connected with a RME PCI hammerfall card, and two with the Expresscard in chinese PCIe converters (fond on Ebay for 12 €).
With Cubase, I can have the 62 inputs (@ 44/48 kHz).

4 (edited by frango 2021-10-16 14:23:53)

ristov wrote:

Yes, I have 2 Multiface I, and a Digiface I connected on my new computer (with Windows 10). It works ! One card connected with a RME PCI hammerfall card, and two with the Expresscard in chinese PCIe converters (fond on Ebay for 12 €).
With Cubase, I can have the 62 inputs (@ 44/48 kHz).

please can you send links which chinese pcie converters works as I bought one Multiface 1 with cardbus and it doesnt work on my desktop. Its ENE cb1420 chipset. Could you please answer, maybe Ricoh chipset or else?