Topic: RME Hdspe MADI FX Digicheck error

Hello there,
I have two questions.

1) While using VST via Reaper (or other DAW) I get errors from time to time in the DIGIcheck for the option Bit statistics & Noise via the AES OUT L/R. I am using XLR cable for the AES Out. It happens on some presets and not others. The errors happen on the left/right channels of the Audio Data Bits and blink in RED(1) from time to time. Is this behavior normal?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XSawaT … sp=sharing

2) Can I use AES I/O and MADI I/O ports simultaneously with the internal sync clock from the card or I should purchase dedicated word-clock cables and sync all devices to a master?

2 (edited by ramses 2021-09-29 11:35:08)

Re: RME Hdspe MADI FX Digicheck error

If the card is configured to act as clock master (settings dialog: clock source = "internal"), then all digital I/O ports of the card are synched and they send out a clock signal which can be used by the other connected devices. These need to be configured then as "clock slaves" then, to use the clock from either MADI or AES.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: RME Hdspe MADI FX Digicheck error

These are not errors per se. They are normal when having DC shifts (for example from ADC) or very low frequency signals. So it depends on what you feed DIGICheck as source signal. So as long as they don't stay permanently this is not an error.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME