Topic: ADI2 DAC enough to power passive speakers?

Hello, I feel dumb even asking this, I'm very bad with this kind of things.

I am looking to buy the ADI2 DAC FS as a 1 unit for all. Is the RCA line outs enough to power a set of bookshelf speakers (KEF Q100) without needing to buy a seperate speaker amp?

Ideally I would like to connect it as such:
https://i.imgur.com/6kS7DIU.png

Re: ADI2 DAC enough to power passive speakers?

The RCA output of the ADI-2 DAC FS can be connected to preamp/integrated amp, power amp or active monitors.
Either get active monitors or put an integrated or power amp in front of your KEF passive speakers.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

The RCA output of the ADI-2 DAC FS can be connected to preamp/integrated amp, power amp or active monitors.
Either get active monitors or put an integrated or power amp in front of your KEF passive speakers.

Ah okay this is what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do.

Follow up, if I get an amp to power the KEFs which I will plug into the RCA line out of ADI2. Can I still have my headphones and the amp always plugged in and swap between the audio outputs with 1 button click? I read the audio auto swaps when I plug in the headphones but I want to keep everything always plugged.

4 (edited by ramses 2021-10-01 18:36:03)

Manual ch 5.2, "Quick Start": To change between phones and rear output without unplugging phones: change Mute Line to Toggle Ph/Line or Toggle Plugged, see chapter 14.1.3.

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2dacr_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2dacr_e.pdf

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-10-01 19:05:11)

muz wrote:
ramses wrote:

Ah okay this is what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do.

Follow up, if I get an amp to power the KEFs which I will plug into the RCA line out of ADI2. Can I still have my headphones and the amp always plugged in and swap between the audio outputs with 1 button click? I read the audio auto swaps when I plug in the headphones but I want to keep everything always plugged.

As Ramses said : Manual ch 5.2, "Quick Start": To change between phones and rear output without unplugging phones: change Mute Line to Toggle Ph/Line or Toggle Plugged, see chapter 14.1.3.

Toggle phone/line is the best option you need, you can press the VOL button of the remote a bit longer to toggle it. The IEM/phones output will detect which one you plug in even if you selected Toggle phone/line.

Regarding the Amp part, you can get a power Amp which has the power fits the Q100 for your purpose, The ADI-2 DAC can serve you as a pre-amp and you can adjust volume/EQ, etc. from the DAC.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen