1 (edited by lmorendain 2021-10-03 00:15:56)

Topic: [Solved] No input signal in Cubasis problem with Babyface Pro FS

Hi,

I am using a Babyface Pro FS into an iPad Pro 10.5. I have the Babyface plugged with a power adaptor and the Apple camera connector powered via lightning cable to a power outlet. I am using Cubasis 3. I have it on CC mode.

Totalmix FX is working fine. I have a mic plugged in to AN 1 and I see a good signal. Main out is showing AN 1/2 and has a signal as well.

My problem is is that after all that, I can’t seem to get a track in Cubasis to work. There is no signal in the input meter. When I play the demo, it all seems fine.

When I click Input source in the audio track, it shows, mono/stereo. I click Mono and 1. Then nothing.

Am I missing something?

Help please

Update:
The problem seems to be before Cubasis.
1. I am playing iTunes, no problem. Signal shows on Totalmix and sound output to monitors is ok. Even clicks when typing and sounds from iPad is there. Youtube app works fine.
2. Plug in my guitar to input 3 of the Babyface, there is a signal on the track but no output.

Babyface Pro FS, Cubase Elements 10, Windows 10, Yamaha HS8 & HS8S, electric/acoustic guitarist

Re: [Solved] No input signal in Cubasis problem with Babyface Pro FS

Have you armed that track for recording ?
You have to for getting signal into it.
It is a red round button below the M button.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by lmorendain 2021-10-02 16:46:52)

Hi Waedi,

The problem is there is no signal going in to the track of Cubasis. I did try arming then recording, it is just an empty recorded track. No wave form in it.

The Babyface Pro FS is new. I just got it today. Works well on PC. I used to use a Scarlett 18i8. No interface for iPad but did work with Cubase. I got the Babyface because it has an interface. Totalmix FX. I have the unit on CC mode. So it works on the iPad for playback of tunes. But can’t record audio with it.

Babyface Pro FS, Cubase Elements 10, Windows 10, Yamaha HS8 & HS8S, electric/acoustic guitarist

Yes but as you say Totalmix shows the signal in the input channel, this means the signal is arrived in the iPad but you did the configuration not correct in Cubasis.
Is there a menu Devices / VST connections ?
Maybe you have to enable the input channels there ?

That is the frustrating part. I use Cubase in PC. So many options to go. Cubasis is like Cubase extra lite. The only access I have is via Totalmix and with Cubasis settings, so few options, I am just not seeing anything that I should have turned on or off. Cubasis for iPad is very basic. With the Focusrite stuff, it was pretty much plug and play.

Is Cubase and TM FX etc allowed to use the mic? In Cubasis you DO have a channel selection per track, for both record and playback.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC,

So I go to the Totalmix FX, input and output signals are good with a guitar. But no audio coming out of the speakers. I haven’t opened Cubasis yet at this point.

I have AN 1 set to mono. Channel track input to Mono and 1 (out of 12). Then Master set output to AN 1/2 in stereo.

So even without Cubasis, just TM FX, I don’t have audio.

8 (edited by lmorendain 2021-10-03 06:54:49)

Hi MC,

Just an update, I solved the output issue. Stupidly had the TotalMix FX level of track 3 down. Raising it up, I can hear my guitar coming out of the monitors now. Monitors are in the Main bus. Set to AN 1/2. Then the 2 XLR out to my monitors.

Now my only problem is Cubasis on the iPad, still shows no audio coming into the audio track of Cubasis. I have Cubasis audio track input set to Mono with channel 3. My guitar is in Channel 3 of the Babyface

lmorendain wrote:

Hi Waedi,

The problem is there is no signal going in to the track of Cubasis. I did try arming then recording, it is just an empty recorded track. No wave form in it.

The Babyface Pro FS is new. I just got it today. Works well on PC. I used to use a Scarlett 18i8. No interface for iPad but did work with Cubase. I got the Babyface because it has an interface. Totalmix FX. I have the unit on CC mode. So it works on the iPad for playback of tunes. But can’t record audio with it.

It worked for playback, but now it no longer works even for playback ? What have you changed ?

Hi Waedi and MC,

Youtube and iTunes were working with Totalmix FX but no audio from the guitar when Totalmix FX was on would be heard. There was an input signal, just no output. Apparently I left the level of Channel 3 where the guitar is, all the way down. I moved the level of Channel 3 up and is now ok.

With Cubasis 3, a friend told me to uninstall it then install it again. It now works! I can now record my guitar into Cubasis 3.

Problem is now solved.

I want to thank everyone for their help on this forum. I just want to add that I am now hearing the amazing low latency and clarity of recording RME.

Thanks again!