Topic: Dual UCX trouble

Hey folks,

I recently purchased a second FF UCX in order to get additional inputs via ADAT link. According to the manual, the unit with the lowest serial number was supposed to always assume the role of unit #1, and the other of unit #2 when assigning I/O in the TotalMix software.

After booting both units and establishing which one was unit #1 in TotalMix, I setup my I/O configuration so that #2 was clock-slaved to #1 and was sending ADAT outputs into #1. So far, so good.

The trouble is: after working fine in this configuration for a couple of weeks, the two units have now swapped roles in the TotalMix software for reasons unknown. They are still appropriately labeled and in the right primary/secondary configuration in the separate "USB Settings" window, but not in TotalMix. Audio being sent into the primary unit's analog inputs is being shown in TotalMix as coming through ADAT! As you might expect, the routing is now entirely mixed up in my DAW.

Plainly this is a software issue of some kind... does anyone know how to correct for this?

Re: Dual UCX trouble

First make sure to use the latest driver with the latest TotalMix FX.

Then Settings dialog, Tab Global or About, change the order of ASIO devices.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME