1 (edited by rjay 2021-10-08 15:49:11)

Topic: Can't Internal Sync two cards above 48khz

I've just added a second RayDAT to my PC and am trying to use the internal sync facility to sync the second card to the first card.  The first card is running at 96khz using ADAT1 as Clock Source. So, after connecting the three-pin cable, I have set the second card to Sync In and 96000hz. But the Input Status window for the second card shows "Sync In    Sync     48khz".  Why is it not 96khz ?

2 (edited by ramses 2021-10-08 17:10:44)

Re: Can't Internal Sync two cards above 48khz

I assume you make an internal word clock connection using X401 Sync Out and X400 Sync in, is that correct ?

Check also manual ch 6.2
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/raydat_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/raydat_e.pdf

Then you use the follwing plugs ... and connect them with the 3-wire cable.
- on card "#1" X401 Sync out and
- on card "#2" X400 Sync in

Then card #1 needs to be clock master, check settings dialog: clock source "internal"
Then card #2 needs to be clock slave, check settings dialog: clock source ... see manual .. should be "Sync In".

If you do not know what is card #1 and #2 and maybe cabled right but configured wrong,
then simply leave the cables as they are and only change the config and make the other card to clock master / slave.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks - yes I have done all of that already. And I know it is working because if I change the sample rate on card 1 to 44.1 or 48k then card 2 follows it, but at anything above 48k on card 1, card 2 stays at 48k.

If I remember back correctly then it might not be possible to detect double / quad speed.
Can you try with an AES or SPDIF connection between these cards using either ADAT4 in SPDIF mode or AES ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes, well that was plan B (which I haven't tried yet) I just liked the idea of the internal connection more.