Topic: Fireface UFX II USB via Thunderbolt 4 dock?

Hi folks!

I've finally ordered myself a nice new MacBook with Thunderbolt 4 to replace my aging old laptop. My UFX II currently plugs straight in one of my USB ports on of the old one.

If I get a nice thunderbolt 4 dock can I run my stuff (Monitor, Ableton Push, MIDI keyboard) out of that, as well as my UFX II and magically connect my laptop to all peripherals and charging with only one wire and expect it to work nicely? Or is that ideal scenario likely to cause me audio issues or increased latency and is an idea too good to be true? Also does that depend on monitor resolution?

How fast really is thunderbolt 4 by comparison and is it fast enough? Or does it more depend on the specific Thunderbolt dock and will work fine, but only if buy the right one from specific good vendors? I presume use a USB-C port is a bad idea regardless as that's not as fast as TB4?

Is there a way to "benchmark"/monitor the amount of I/O to see how much overhead I may have?

If it's not gonna work in a tidy 1-cable solution there's not much point in my buying a nice TB4 dock at all and I may as well have cheaper USB hub for other MIDI stuff and a seprate port for the UFX II.

If not I'll have to plug it in via its own Thunderbolt 4/USB-C dongle/cable.

Anyone had any experience with this and related tales of joy or woe?