Topic: Octamic II line output to a headphone amplifier?

Hi everybody

I am waiting for my new octamic II to be home. Can't wait big_smile !
I also ordered a presonus hp60 headphone amplifier.
I was wondering if I could send the line output signal of the octamic II to the stereo inputs that are available on each channel of the presonus hp60. That way each musician could make a mix between the main source (from my interface to the presonus hp60) and his track (from the octamic II to the presonus hp60).
Is it possible?
I am sorry for the noob question but I am still confused about the difference (if there's one) between a line level signal that didn't went through a preamp stage (the ins of a soundcard for instance) and a line level signal that does (some preamps of the soundcards can be set to "line level").

Thanks in advance for your answers... and your patience haha tongue

Cheers

Bert

Re: Octamic II line output to a headphone amplifier?

Yes you can do it.
The mic signals coming out of the Octamics backside as line signals and in the HP60 every listener can have a mix of a stereosignal plus a mic.
There are no different types of line signals, you can use them all the same way.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Bert Werbrouck 2021-10-20 15:15:58)

waedi wrote:

Yes you can do it.
The mic signals coming out of the Octamics backside as line signals and in the HP60 every listener can have a mix of a stereosignal plus a mic.
There are no different types of line signals, you can use them all the same way.

Thanks Waedi smile .
How do I have to set up the outs? I saw that there's a hi-gain, +4 dbu, etc. option on the unit but I don't know what I should choose.
As far as I know, I've always been told that it's best not to connect an external preamp to the preamp input of a soundcard... but I guess it's just the case when there is no "line level" option. It's the case with my 18i8 3rd gen and yeah, a midas XL42 through that input were sounding meh. Plugged in the ins at the back it was sounding much better. Now I know why. Thanks so much for the info wink

I would set it to Hi-gain to start with.
The right setting is always the one that sounds good to your ears.
If it is too loud and distorted just click the knob until it gets better.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue