1 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-09 20:58:19)

Topic: My new UCX II

I got my UCX II today extra happy. Installed drivers, flash latest FW. Great sound, great preamps really really dope product!

I noticed one thing but it only happend once. When I was listening to winamp and pause the song. I had Firefox(latest version) opened and played something on youtube while winamp song was paused and sound on youtube was horrible cracking and speedy. I reopen firefox and after that it was ok, don't know what happend there but I just want to mention this if anyone else had something like this happend.

My specs:

MBO: Z590 Aorus Master
MEM: 2x16GB
GPU: 2080 Ti
Storage: 1Tb Samsung Pro m.2
PSU: Seasonic Prime Platinum 850W

P.S.

Whoever told that UCX II is heating as much as Fireface 400 or UCX that's not true. Mine is medium cold, and comparing it to FF400 or UCX this is aaaalot better.

2 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-28 07:29:31)

Re: My new UCX II

Forgot to write sooner unforunately, corona got me. I found damage on my new sound card. I was so angry paying so much for it and to be like this. Screw on the top of my UCX II is damaged it's like when it was assembled screwdriver head skipped few times in screw. So people take a good look of your device when you buy one.

here is picture:
https://i.ibb.co/HDtBrnw/20211127-224430.jpg

We wish you a quick recovery back to full health - all the best from alll of us!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-28 10:06:05)

MC wrote:

We wish you a quick recovery back to full health - all the best from alll of us!

Thanks MC and all others smile

I contacted my reseller yesterday but waiting for monday to see what will they offer, screw replacement or whole uint.

Btw interface is working flawlessly, sound is great preamps are dope. I like new TotalMix with EQs and stuff, didn't have that on my old FF400.

Things like this do slip through. I bought a Krell amplifier years ago that cost a few thousand with a similar defect. The distributor swapped it out for me and we’re very apologetic.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

6 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-28 18:14:16)

This is my 4 or 5th sound card from RME I just love how they build things and their quailty. I tested a lot of sound cards and in studio we have few of them. But in my home studio I was and will always use RME. I know this things do happend, but what a bad luck...never had that kind of problem on my previous RME cards.

7 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-11-29 11:20:25)

Just got answer from my local store today, when I get better they told me to bring the interface to replace that screw.
I'm just hoping that it is original screw not some random screw, cause I got plenty of those here at home.
I asked them that now and waiting for answer.

Hi!

I don't know if that is the best place, I am new over here, and I don't like to make new threats just for everything so I would try to ask that here, if you think that there is a better place tell me please.

I am looking for UCX II, soon I will get mine, and I will buy a microphone just to start recording by myself my guitar stuff. I was thinking on a Royer 121, but I read over someplaces that they need so much gain, because they are low output microphones. Probably from a guitar amp there will not be that problem, but for a lower source, maybe it need 60/70dB of gain, the UCX II Mic Input has 75 dB, but maybe is not that clear Gain.

Just asking for some advice, maybe somebody has made some tests, own the microphones or something. Any help would be super appreciated!

Hope everything is going well,

Best Regards!

9 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-12-17 17:31:19)

Went to my local store today to change the screws. Btw I also noticed today when I unplug my unite that 4 out of 6 screws under the unit have same issue as that one on the top. Guy in local store said that he is going to order directly from RME all screws and replace them but he also told me that I would have to wait long for them to arrive.

Can someone in RME push a little so they can get them faster maybe ? A little favour for loyal RME customer smile

10 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-03-03 17:18:50)

After 3 months, my local store called me to bring unit. I brought the unit and now I have to wait for some screws. I told them that I want original ones and they told me they have some spare units and maybe they will took some from them if not they will need to send unit to RME directly. It's their policy guy in store said and that they need to send the whole unit in Germany and I will be without unit at least for week or two. I mean wtf for new screws they have to send the whole unit ???
So taking a picture of damage screw is not enough to send new set of screws to screw them in unit and replace. First of all it is way faster than sending the unit to Germany and waiting like 2 weeks. And for who is music producer 2 weeks without making music is total kill for my brain. I didn't expect this for paying so much money for my new UCX II for now I am not happy with how this thing is going. Card is cool and I love it, but this support from my store and all this is just huge waste of time.

You never once thought of just ignoring it or paint over with a black marker pen. Or just buy some similar screws? Probably a standard thread. Anyway, hope that QC at RME reads this post. It shouldnt happen.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

12 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-03-03 20:22:35)

Happy_amateur wrote:

You never once thought of just ignoring it or paint over with a black marker pen. Or just buy some similar screws? Probably a standard thread. Anyway, hope that QC at RME reads this post. It shouldnt happen.

Screws don't have + anymore they are almost rounded inside, I would damage them even more if I want to unscrew them plus I paid alot of money for UCX II so why would I waste my time going to buy some replacements and paint them black ?

MC asked me for SN of my card and I gave it, but nothing since then. I am aware that my local store can't do much but to replace them with some spare ones from other cards or to wait officials from RME Germany to tell them to send the unit or maybe accept picture what they (or I) gave of how unit came to me. And based on that pictures decided whether they will maybe send only screws or they will tell them to send the whole unit, really stupid if you ask me just to waste my time being without my card. This is my second day without card and I can't do my work.

Happy_amateur wrote:

I also had this thought but then I wondered if the stripped out heads would look like someone attempted to open the unit and that could possibly void warranty. Plus, not everyone is mechanically inclined to deal with stripped fastener heads. In the unlikely chance that RME might have to actually drill out the heads with a press...even though I can do it, I'm not sure I'd want to be the one taking that risk on a $1500 box.

Then, of course, there's the distributor issue, in the sense that they each set their own warranty/service conditions. I feel for you, Thermaltake, and hope you get a speedy resolution. Unfortunately, things still seem to be moving slowly with anything involving international goods. For that reason, if your local company has screws that work and they can replace, maybe that's an option. Or, perhaps they don't want to take on the risk with replacing them if it makes the situation worse.

So sorry to hear about your issue. It's especially painful given how awesome the UCXII is. Just know that it will be worth it in the end smile

-Steve

14 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-03-04 07:47:51)

sbcrikey wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

I also had this thought but then I wondered if the stripped out heads would look like someone attempted to open the unit and that could possibly void warranty. Plus, not everyone is mechanically inclined to deal with stripped fastener heads. In the unlikely chance that RME might have to actually drill out the heads with a press...even though I can do it, I'm not sure I'd want to be the one taking that risk on a $1500 box.

Then, of course, there's the distributor issue, in the sense that they each set their own warranty/service conditions. I feel for you, Thermaltake, and hope you get a speedy resolution. Unfortunately, things still seem to be moving slowly with anything involving international goods. For that reason, if your local company has screws that work and they can replace, maybe that's an option. Or, perhaps they don't want to take on the risk with replacing them if it makes the situation worse.

So sorry to hear about your issue. It's especially painful given how awesome the UCXII is. Just know that it will be worth it in the end smile

-Steve

I am waiting for my local store to call me maybe today or monday to see whats up with unit.
I really love UCX II, dope sound card with huuuge amont of options. I work with computers and electronics among music and other things that I do, and from the service side I'm familiar in how things are going,  plus I service a lot of RME cards before so they are not stranger to me among with bunch of other sound cards, preamps and other stuff.

Thanks for your support smile

15 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-03-11 06:57:21)

It's been a week now, still without my sound card...Paid so much to waste time, and suffer... sad

16 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-03-11 18:43:20)

Picked up my sound card today and LOL they didn't do anything, same screws. They told me that they moved screws that are in "better condition" on the top and ones that are worst put at the bottom which they didn't do, because they are all same as before. And they told me they will get new screws and email me to bring my sound card again for screw replacement. I mean they are doing some mind tricks on me and I paid so much for this card, week without my card cost me some projects I was working on to be delayed.

Can someone from RME help me to get this screws faster please, Matthias can you do something about it ?

Got screws today. Big thanks to MC smile