Topic: UCX Main output

Hi everyone,

I just bought a UCX (first version). I noticed that the main channel shown on the little screen when no channel is selected is the PH channel. Now I would like that to be my main output, the monitors. Otherwise I have to first search for the channel and then adjust the volume. Is this possible?

I would appreciate any help!

Re: UCX Main output

From page 10 user manual :
The Fireface UCX remembers all settings, and loads these automatically when switched on.
Is this not the case for selected channel ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by ramses 2021-11-21 13:08:20)

Re: UCX Main output

cola1000l wrote:

Hi everyone,
I just bought a UCX (first version). I noticed that the main channel shown on the little screen when no channel is selected is the PH channel. Now I would like that to be my main output, the monitors. Otherwise I have to first search for the channel and then adjust the volume. Is this possible?

From your description I understand that in the TM FX control room on the right side you only find output channels for headphones, is this understood correctly ?

You can use the "assign" button in TM FX to assign HW Outputs to the predefined control room channels like "Main Out", "Phones 1..4", etc.

You might ask yourself for what purpose you should bring the outputs into the control room. Sure the outputs would also work without that. The reason is, so that you can use control room features like Mono, Dim, ... which is useful for Main Monitors and Phones.

I have written a small primer here for a first installation, in which the most important topics are covered.
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

The rest is best learned from RME tutorial videos which give you a very quick overview about TM FX capabilities.
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

And of course the manual, maybe best after watching the videos, because then you had already a nice quick overview about the most important capabilities.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13