Topic: MADIface XT USB - issue: White screen lost firmware??

I have an RME MADIface XT USB that seems to have a hardware issue.

I will briefly explain the issue and see what you suggest or where to next as this is becoming a major concern.

My RME MADIface XT unit was working perfectly up until yesterday when I added a fibre cable to the MADI IO. I don’t think it is related but this is what the unit is doing to raise my concern.

When I power it on, it starts up correctly and launches the RME Totalmix and USB settings as normal.
The unit appears fine and is just sitting in place waiting for use.

Then after about 5 minutes, the unit starts to flash and the clip lights peak and it losers its connection to Totalmix and the LCD screen flashers before turning white.
Then the Flash Tool shows current versions as all at 0.

The unit does this with nothing plugged in at all, so this is why I feel it is a hardware/firmware issue.

I have just updated the FW and installed the latest software and the issue remains.

FW: v191
Driver: v3.27
MasOS Big Sur 11.6
Totalmix v1.75
PCIe: 56
DSP: 42
USB: 191

The issue also happens on my Mac mini running OSX 10.13.6, so again I feel it is the hardware/firmware issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion or what I need to do?

Cheers - Jason

Re: MADIface XT USB - issue: White screen lost firmware??

Try a different power supply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: MADIface XT USB - issue: White screen lost firmware??

Hi MC - I tried a different PSU and the issue was OK for about 30 mins until I loaded more tracks.
I have narrowed it down to the MADI 1 Fiber IO. MADI 2 Fiber IO and MADI 3 BNC or working as normal.

I will take the unit in for repair.
Thanks.