Topic: Fireface 800 weird preamp/input behaviour

Hello
I'm having some strange issues with my trusty fireface 800. It is connected through firewire to a macbook pro using two converters: firewire800 -> thunderbolt2 -> thunderbolt3 -> macbook pro. While this admittedly is a bit odd it has worked flawlessly for me for at least a couple of years.
Recently I noticed that the signal light on input 7 was flickering and when I tried plugging a mic to it it was dead. A bit later I noticed that the signal light on channel 9 was constantly on, even with nothing plugged in (and phantom off). Now that input was dead as well. In TotalMix I can see that both inputs 7 and 9 now are visibly flickering at around -60db and in fact all the inputs are showing some movement with nothing plugged in, mostly around -95db or less. The only mic input that is working now is input 10.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on? Is this a hardware thing or some driver issue (I have tried updating the driver)?

I'm running Big Sur for a couple of months now but I'm not entirely sure if these issues started showing up after that upgrade as I havn't been using the inputs of the Fireface for quite a while now.

Thanks!