Topic: Multiple feth1000X devices (Monterey)

Hi, I'm trying to use the RME virtual ethernet interface on the Digiface Dante in order to configure my Dante devices via the controller app. When I look at the device list for interfaces, I can see that I have perhaps created multiple feth10000s on accident. I'll admit I ran installer a few times because I thought that I didn't have the correct permissions in order to install the interface. It just won't appear as I'm used to. Selecting either feth10002 or feth 10003 does not show my network.

I have of course enabled low security mode on my Mac so that I can run RME extensions, and my set up works fine as is without any configuration because I migrated from an older Catalina config. All things considered I'm getting great latency, but it would be nice to be able to dive into Dante controller

https://i.imgur.com/WNzMi9O.png

Using an M1 Max Macbook Pro

Re: Multiple feth1000X devices (Monterey)

Manually assigning a link-local IP address to feth10002 (169.254.1.11) will let me see my network in Dante Controller... But I cannot configure any of the settings

Still trying to figure out how to remove the extra feth10000, 01, 03 04

The current netifc driver from RME comes with a readme (...mac7.txt), which includes all the information that you need.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The current netifc driver from RME comes with a readme (...mac7.txt), which includes all the information that you need.

Thanks for the offer of help, but I read that readme over several times and installed the driver several times as I mentioned. It does not clarify what to do in the event of having several netifc interfaces and the issue I experienced of a visible network with no control.

Ultimately, I used Suspicious Package on the netifc installer .pkg to see what files it placed where with which scripts, and undid everything manually.... Now physically connecting a cable to my switch via yet-another-adapter is goin to be my way of config'ing the network when I need to.