1 (edited by LizardKing123 2021-12-05 09:33:47)

Topic: Brokem In , sharing thoughts.

Well The wonderful Dac is finally ready for my feedback. I had narrowed my decision to get either Chord Qutest or the RME ADI-2 FS .

All I have use so far is the USB input. A huge Kudos the people at RME for the design of the inputs and outputs, especially the SteadyClock FS. I have been into computer audio for s long time and have already used serious designed USB cables and filter as a friend of mine designed them. Right now i am using a Be,king USB cable with the latest Audioquest Jittherbug FMJ USB Type A noise filter. My RPI 3b+ is know to be noisy on the USB as is share the same bus with Ethernet I do not use Ethernet.

The Jitterbig FMJ is excellent and I and external hard drive 2.5 inch 4.0GB hard drive with a dedicated power supply.I do not want the noise on the USB cables o the cable to connect the hard drive with the RPI has the power cut on the source (type A ) side ans the cable has a built in Ferrit bead.  the RPI is connected to the Allo Shanti LPS which uses a high end DYI power cable. Both the Shanti and RME PSU are plugged into a Isolation transformer.

For listening I do not listen lousy CDs or stream Tidal/Qobuz. My library is special, loaded with Hi Rez PCM ad DSD files. The SQ and tonality of the this Dac in my system is very musical and never fatiguing. Took me awhile to learn the menus and so tonight I set the filter for SD sharp, Dempasis to Auto, and Turned DSD direct off.

The other night I tried the full sized headphone output with my 300 Ohm Impedance Sennheiser 650HD phones. The legendary cans are incredible yet meed and good amp to drive them probably. I am using a better cord on the m of curse (audiophile). The SQ then was decent and the output was OK, Tonight i turned of High Power output for the phones, Wow what a difference. Not only get the Dac drive my Phones well, i can not worry about warming up my tube headphone amp. The circuit design in the Dac is brilliant, as soon and the headphones are plugged in, output to the amp is muted and output to the headphones goes on.

I don't regret getting this Dac over the Chord Qutest, I made the right design. That remote control is incredible especially when using the headphones as different songs have different loudness levels.

A great sounding, superbly designed DAC so Is to versatile.  A keeper for sure.

Liz

Re: Brokem In , sharing thoughts.

Liz, welcome to the club of true sound smile

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Congrats! No regrets with this box. smile

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

LizardKing123 wrote:

The other night I tried the full sized headphone output with my 300 Ohm Impedance Sennheiser 650HD phones. The legendary cans are incredible yet meed and good amp to drive them probably..

If you enjoy listening with headphones and like the Sennheiser HD-650‘s sound signature I‘d recommend the MYSPHERE 3.2.
It’s a great match to ADI-2 and currently there’s an occasion to buy it for a very reasonable price, less than a set of audiophile cables.

Not familiar with the Mysphere3.2 headphones. Please describe what you like about them?

LizardKing123 wrote:

Not familiar with the Mysphere3.2 headphones.

It's like this but for sound not fluid.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1NA23IXXX … ipping.jpg

3200 euros for the mysphere. Is that for real? big_smile

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Happy_amateur wrote:

An Audio Note Sogon 1.5m USB cable cost more than that ....

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

9 (edited by KaiS 2021-12-06 10:54:20)

Happy_amateur wrote:

No, it‘s €4,046 if you have to pay VAT like here in Germany big_smile

But - currently there’s a limited offer for 1/2 price.

Soundwise the MYSPHERE 3.2 is on par with a lot of other TOTL headphones from other companies in the 4K price range, plus it offers unique extras relatet to it‘s „Hover-ear“ design and it’s variety of position related sound options.

Think AKG K-1000 plus.

For 2 weeks now I’m in the process of exploring it.
Maybe I‘ll write a review, but that’ll take some time.

Just this:
If one is willing to invest k-bucks for cables, the MYSPHERE 3.2 is money better spend.
And ADI-2 DAC/Pro is exactly what the MYSPHERE 3.2 needs to shine, this is why I‘m posting here.

Been using my K-1000 for over 20 years now. This mysphere looks tempting at half the price. Any link to a dealer in Austria or Germany?

Compared to exotic cabling a new car can be a bargain. So the comparison really falls flat to the ground. I totally agree though that people should buy hardware that counts in the quest for better sound. Like headphones, DACs, amps and speakers. IMHO big_smile high-end cables does not make for better sound, but they can add into the make-believe experience of the very sadening contagion of Treponema pallidum var. audiofilia. Which some people indulge in to a degree of extreme decadency and bad mental health. Further I wish for these fora to be a sanctuary from that.

Those headphones look interresting, but even at half the price its seems kinda stiff for a manufacturer Ive never heard of.

Happy_amateur wrote:

Those headphones look interresting, but even at half the price its seems kinda stiff for a manufacturer Ive never heard of.

I can assure you these guys know how to design and manufacture cans. They were the original designers of the AKG K1000 and are based in Vienna.

john34 wrote:

Been using my K-1000 for over 20 years now. This mysphere looks tempting at half the price. Any link to a dealer in Austria or Germany?

I was headed to France, as this special offer is distributed through their dealers only, not by MYSPHERE‘s / LB Acoustics‘ own shop.

These are „factory refurbished“ Demo units, with brand new drivers mounted.
Mine looks like new, completely.

https://www.casques-headphones.com/en-g … p410731671

Deal went smooth with friendly, communicative contact.

I placed a USB filter type B  in into the Dac , connected the cable and i hear better SQ.

LizardKing123 wrote:

I placed a USB filter type B  in into the Dac , connected the cable and i hear better SQ.

If you fancy a big step up albeit at a price, I can recommend the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2.