Topic: Dark mode -> keep leaving the unit powered overnight

I have the ADI-2 Pro FSR BE and I enjoy using the dark mode with USB connected to my PC.

Unfortunately I keep forgetting to power off the unit because it's so dark.  With all of my gear "dark" means "off" and at a glance I just assume that the unit is "off", even though "off" is indicated by "red light" with the ADI-2.

I humbly request an automatic power off feature.  Perhaps the device could listen over USB to see if the USB source is powered.

Re: Dark mode -> keep leaving the unit powered overnight

+1 for this excellent idea

well at least the pro has lights inside the enclosure.... in the night it's pretty visible.

The hard part here is it's very difficult to predict if the current state is idle. It has preamp mode, where you can do a ADDA without any usb/digital ports connected. Digital out also has no idea whether it's connected.

A clock timer power socket for the unit is better, power off overnight.

Input sensing could be troublesome while recording.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

The upcoming firmware already has a working Auto Standby mode, working on all ADI-2 DAC and Pro.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The upcoming firmware already has a working Auto Standby mode, working on all ADI-2 DAC and Pro.

Not all heroes wear capes, MC!

7 (edited by ning 2021-12-11 14:48:01)

> Auto Standby mode

sounds interesting!  lemme guess, does this work by shutting off the AD/DA/HP Amp power supply (similar to digital only mode when power failed) when nothing is connected? Awesome idea!

Rolling eyes...

It is called Auto Standby. Fully self explanatory...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Like Auto Start Stop in PKW?

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Oh I see.

I was thinking about auto wake-up — the only way to implement it is to leave it in the digital only mode where it consume very little power… so it can turn itself back on when for instance usb or digital in is connected.

IMHO it’s not a bad idea?

The hardware can not do that, and remaining power consumption (of the mode that you mentioned) is much too high.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME